Kaitlin will always bring up gender identity and expression at any employee diversity or non-discrimination workshop. And probably get all body language sassy.
My friends are leaving and everything is changing and I’m not sure if this is great or awful but I feel good for everyone and it feels weird to be 23/24/25.
Nothing quite like midnight July breeze in Rochester. Makes you love and hurt just like January.
…about Casey Anthony. A trial which I have been ignoring - mainly because of the sensationalising and the talking heads and the tragedy turned reality television spin of the trial. Here are three observations:
1. Horrible things happen every day. The mass media took hold of this tragic and muddled story - and they ran with it. It doesn’t matter anymore who is or isn’t guilty because the cultural narrative driven by the mass media ruined any chance of a truly just trial. Let’s work on stifling these detrimental and overpowering voices while creating our own outlets and raising our own voices. Our thoughtful critiques are important and powerful.
2. Horrible things happen every day. There are children in this country, many children, without health care, education, food, love and support. Let’s work on that. The children in our communities are the places where we need to start and they deserve justice that we can fight for.
3. Horrible things happen every day. Let’s work on outfitting parents with the right tools to plan pregnancies, to be healthy human beings and to feel supported so that they can be good parents.
I’ve been busy doing the living real life thing. Although, admittedly, most of it is spent at work or asleep or eating. I miss writing though, and I miss my captive tumblr audience. Where to start? I’ll make a list, no particular order.
1. I absolutely NEED to rollerskate this summer and am looking for folks to do the same. Particularly if it involves glitter and/or bubble skirts.
2. Gay marriage in NY - passing this seems to mean that Cuomo thinks he can excuse lifting the ban on hydrofracking and the NY Senate voting down Genda for the FOURTH MOTHERFRIEKING TIME. I mean really, don’t even get me started.
3. I am totally over you, it’s just that I don’t want you to see anyone else ever [real excerpt from my pocket moleskin; entry dated May 16 of any year, it doesn’t matter what year]. Read: still learning to embrace jealousy (and the self-hypocrisy it entails) as natural and push that energy into more productive thoughts. Read: learning everyday how to navigate my human paths. Read: but no one can do what you did for me.
Because, when I want to fuck you it’s that sometimes I can’t put into words how much you mean to me (but you’re so far away now). Because, I mean, who totally isn’t in love with atleast a couple of their friends? But then again, I also think everything ever has erotic energy. And I think we SHOULD be in love with our closest friends. And you probably are even if you don’t realize it. Perhaps it’s just the sensualist in me. But for real - living is sexy and fun and summer is the best so let’s all rollerskate and give eachother cute little pecks on the cheek already.
4. Current mantra “Your silence will not protect you.” - Audre Lorde
5. Sarah and I tried to do the cabbage soup diet as a detox. We didn’t make it two days and we learned atleast two things: detoxes might be worthless and human beings need to eat balanced diets or they feel like shit. We stuffed our faces with Owl House sandwiches and felt real again. Will never do a detox again. Unless it involves dropping off the planet for four days so no one deals with my blurry visioned hungry wrath.
6. Weekend trip to Baltimore July 8th. It feels good to move towards something, particularly when it is a vacation fantasy.
saturday july 2nd.
GASP I DID NOT KNOW THIS.
to celebrate myself, i have an appointment with doctor #1, an eye exam and the chance to pick out fabulous new glasses, and then i’m going to fix the front brakes on my car.
FYI - if anyone wants to take me out on a date and celebrate me I am totally okay with it.